Skip to Content

Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Constituents can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondenceā€”such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

Urgent passport expediting information (posted 3/21/23): Demand for passports is at an all time high so if you intend to take a trip where a passport is required, please understand that you may not receive your passport in the timeframe posted on due to the vast amounts of passports being processed. Expedited passports are scheduled to process in 5-7 weeks, while normal passports are 8-11 weeks. These times can be delayed due to weather or an increase in applications. Our office will do our best to assist in getting passports delivered, but please plan ahead to prevent any delay in your overseas trips.

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. Ā§ 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Authorization Form

Submit Your Casework Request Here You may Download, complete, and mail a copy of the authorization form to: 153 Cannon House Office Building Washington, D.C. 20515.